Mrs Angela Clark and Mrs Sue Holmes are our Ferns Room Teachers and they assist in the transition of New Entrants to school. You will be contacted regarding the 'Welcome to School Meetings' and the process outlined below for visits to school.
Please note we are a zoned school therefore only enrol students who live in the Witherlea School Zone; click this LINK to see the zone.
It is a help to your child's transition to school if they are confident to manage the following before starting:
- Knows own name and address well enough to repeat when necessary.
- Knows how to print own name (with a capital ONLY as the initial letter).
- Is able to relate well to other children and adults. Sharing, caring and negotiating skills are required to function in this social context.
- Puts away toys and materials after using them.
- Knows how to put on and do up shoes and own coat. Please NO shoes with laces unless they can tie them themselves.
- Knows how to flush the toilet, and wash hands afterwards.
- Use scissors.
- Listen to and enjoy stories.
- Ask questions.
- Can manage lunch without help.
- Can pack own bag.
- Can change into and out of togs for swimming.
Please feel free to download and read our WELCOME BOOKLET (just click on the link).